Custom Eyes rescheduling all routine eye care as of 03/24/2020.
As of March 24th, Custom Eyes will suspend all routine vision care and normal office accessibility.
However, rest assured we are here for you.
We will still be answering calls, taking and filling contact lens orders, and handling urgent or emergent eye care needs.
We will be available for phone consultations on all urgent as well as routine matters during this challenging time, but we will have reduced hours of staff availability.
What this means for our Patients:
- If you are scheduled for an annual eye exam already, a staff member will be calling to let you know we need to tentatively reschedule your appointment for a future time starting May 4th.
- If you are in need of contact lenses or need an extension on your prescription, please call the office and we will be happy to assist you in getting contacts ordered – even if the prescription is expired.
- If you are running low on a prescription or non-prescription please contact our office and we will contact your physician to see how we can assist in refilling.
- If you have an eye emergency, we will be available to help you at any time. If calling during our new hours of operations, we will consult with the doctor on staff to determine a care plan.
- If calling after hours, you can contact the doctor on call. The phone number will be on our answering message.
- If you have an issue that cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a telehealth FaceTime, Skype, other video or phone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed the telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
We ask that if you are coming to one of our offices to pick up existing orders, please call ahead to arrange for a staff member to deliver the item to your vehicle. And, as always, we can direct ship products to your home, though some items may incur a shipping cost. Eyeglass adjustments can always be done at any time in the future. This is a rapidly changing situation and its impact on our communities continues to evolve. Custom Eyes is actively monitoring information from the CDC as well as our local and state health departments. For additional information, please refer to the CDC Coronavirus status page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
We have asked most of our staff to stay home until further notice to protect them, our patients, our city, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincere wishes for your continued good health, we remain at your service,
Scott Drake, OD Linda Drake, OD Jeffrey Enevoldsen, OD Chris Cossette, OD Jennifer Luebbe, OD Ali Genilo, OD