While the office of your eye care professional is the best resource when it comes to caring for your lenses, the contact lens care video (below) and these "dos and dont's" offer you some good general guidelines.
- Wash your hands with a mild soap and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your contacts.
- Insert or remove your contacts in the same order (left then right or vice versa) to avoid getting your lenses mixed up.
- Clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses following your eye care provider's instructions each time you remove them.
- Keep all solution bottles closed when not in use.
- Clean your contact lens case daily.
- Replace your contact lens case every three months.
- Remove contacts before you go swimming.
- Allow soaps, cosmetics, or other substances to come into contact with your lenses.
- Touch the tip of a contact lens care solution bottle to any surface, including your finger or your contact lens.
- Reuse – or add additional solution to – old contact lens care solution in the case.
- Wear contacts for longer than the prescribed time.
- Use solution after the expiration date marked on the bottle.
Follow these simple steps in the Lens Care Tutorial to properly apply and remove your contact lenses:
Thanks to Coopervision for content used in the creation of this website. ©2011 – All rights reserved. Reproduction other than for one-time personal use is strictly prohibited.