Dr. Jennifer Luebbe enjoys the challenge of working with pediatric patients, many of who are unable to describe or even understand their visual needs. Learning starts with the eyes and it is her goal to provide the very best care for your little ones, as well as the entire family, as they transition through every stage of life.
A native of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, she received her Bachelor of Science in Dietetics degree from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, Nebraska. She received her Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN, where she graduated Cum Laude.
During her externship rotations, Jennifer trained in the area of pediatrics, contact lens, and adult primary care. Jennifer is a member of the American Optometric Association and Kansas Optometric Association.
Outside of Optometry, Jennifer enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband, two daughters and Siberian husky. She is an avid Nebraska Cornhusker, Sporting Kansas City and Royals fan.
Dr. Luebbe practices at the Lenexa, KS location.
Fun Facts about Dr. Luebbe!
- She has 3 children all under the age of 5.
- She sees children from age 6 months and on for annual comprehensive exams.
- One of her favorite parts of seeing kids from a young age is seeing them grow up and how their eye demands change with different activities, hobbies and stages of life.
- She is an active member of her church.
- She has a Siberian Husky named Finn who loves to run with her in the fall and winter months.
- She became interested in optometry following a paper cut to her eye in 6th grade.
- She was curious as to how the cornea heals from that type of injury.
- Her favorite part of working with kids, besides watching them grow up, is how contact lenses or their first pair of glasses completely changes their personalities and gives them confidence in school, athletics and life in general.
- Her hope is that myopia control can give patients back control in order to keep their prescriptions low and eyes healthy.